Counseling for Pregnancy and Postpartum
Depression and Anxiety are the #1 complication of pregnancy and postpartum, if left untreated it can become chronic and serious over time affecting mama and baby at many levels. Fortunately, there is always hope…depression and anxiety are treatable, with proper care and support you will begin to feel better.
Mama remember- You are not alone, you are not to blame, and with help you will recover!
If you answer yes to any of the following questions and the symptoms have lasted longer than 2 weeks please consider seeking out support…..
- Is it hard to smile/laugh?
- Are you unable to enjoy things you normally do enjoy?
- Do you blame yourself for everything that goes wrong?
- Do you worry or feel anxious for no apparent reason?
- Do you feel scared and panicky for no apparent reason?
- Are you angry and irritable most of the time?
- Are you having difficulty sleeping and eating?
- Do you start to cry for no apparent reason?
- Have you had thoughts of harming yourself or your baby? (thoughts could be physical or sexual harm)
My specialized and advanced training in Perinatal Mood Disorders enables me to utilize evidence based interventions to treat women and ensure they receive the best support and care possible during this most sacred rite of passage. I offer treatment for the spectrum of Perinatal Mood Disorders: Postpartum Depression and Anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Panic Disorder, PTSD, and evaluation & referral for Postpartum Psychosis